HOW TO IMPROVE A CAN OF BAKED BEANS

 HOW TO IMPROVE A CAN OF BAKED BEANS


How I wished I've known this when I was in the army. Baked beans was one of the items included in our combat rations, the others being canned chicken curry, sardines, hardtack biscuits, chocolate and powdered lemonade. I used to mix the hardtack with sardines and baked beans to make a kind of porridge. Wish I had the kind of ingredients I have now. They are easy to store and keep well, just the kind of things u need for a day or two when we're out in the field. I suddenly had the cravings for baked beans, so I went out and got myself a small can. Since I had all the other ingredients at home, I made the can of baked beans into something a hundered times better than what came out of the can, These are what u need to do the same....


Ingredients


A small can of baked beans

A thick slice of luncheon meat, cut to small cubes

Chopped onions

1 teaspoon onion powder

1 teaspoon of cumin powder

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1 teaspoon smoked paprika

1 teaspoon Lea and Perrins sauce

1 teaspoon tabasco sauce

2 drops of liquid smoke

Some oil


Method


In a hot pan with some oil fry the luncheon meat till it browns

Add the baked beans and all the other ingredients, stur well for 15secs and it's done!



Simple, right? And damm tasty too! I ate it with eggs and toast, a really tasty breakfast! Try it! you'll love it! 

Enjoy, everyone, take care and stay safe!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHAR SIU

ROTI BABI

MEE YOKE / PRAWN MEE