EASY WAY TO LABEL BOTTLES

 EASY WAY TO LABEL BOTTLES 

I just made a fresh batch of sambal balachan. Since I'm a lazy person and the Peranakan Workout can be really taxing on my biceps and shoulder muscles, I make a big batch and keep it in a repurposed glass bottle.

These are the bottles that the jam, mayo, taucho or anything else come in. Sometimes the sizes are just perfect for spices I buy that comes in plastic bags. When I'm done with the contents, I tear off the labels and keep them to use as containers, or drinking glasses, as in  the case of the taucho bottles.



I would usually label the bottles with the contents and the date of filling, so I know how long it's been there in the spice cupboard or the fridge. I would usually use a bit of cellophane tape, a marker to write and another layer of cellophane tape to cover the writing, so it won't wash or wipe off. And if u look carefully at the bottle, you will see that there's a little bit that's sticking out. 

I actually did that on purpose. That's from the first layer of cellophane tape. I folded it so it sticks out without it being able to stick on anything. The reason being that after the contents of the bottle is gone, it'll be easier to remove the label and relabel it if I use the bottle for something different.



This way none of the bottles goes to waste and I can tell just by looking at it what the contents are. These are just one of the little ways we can save the planet, and instead of buying any small bottles to keep stuff, some cash too.......

Hope this helps u keep your fridge or spice rack organized. Thanks for reading this. Take care, and stay safe!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHAR SIU

ROTI BABI

MEE YOKE / PRAWN MEE