HOW TO MAKE A CLEAR CHICKEN STOCK

 HOW TO MAKE A CLEAR CHICKEN STOCK


Nothing in my kitchen ever goes to waste. Whenever I buy chicken, it's always prepped before it goes into the freezer. I first cut out the thighs and drumsticks, wings, thee breast and the back. Next I debone the breast and the back, take away all the skin from the breast and the back, the fat from the end of the chicken and put that aside. The skin and fat I save it for another day, and when I have enough if it, I will render all the oil out and use the oil for stir fry. It gives a natural chicken flavour to whatever dish I'm cooking. This chicken stock is made purely of bones and meat that I use for my dog food. Super rich in chicken flavor, it makes a good soup, sauce or even chicken rice. My dogs love chicken breast, and we love chicken thighs, wings and drumsticks, so the whole chicken's used up. 

Now, this is how I do it.......




Wash the chicken carcass and whatever chicken meat you're using. Make sure there's no congealed blood or chicken lungs in the carcass. This is one of the reasons why the chicken stock turns cloudy

Put about more than 2cm of water above the bones and meat in a pot on low heat 


When u see the scum rising above the water, remove it. This is another reason why the stock turns cloudy. Continue doing that till there's no more coming out, then leave it to simmer for an hour 


When the hour's up, remove all the meat and bones and let it cool off 




When it's cool u can see a clear broth with some residue at the bottom. Carefully pour the broth into a container without agitating the bottom. This is to make sure that u only get the clear broth without the residue 

Keep the broth in the fridge. The next day, whatever oil there is in that broth will float to the top and harden up. This is the time to remove any excess oil if u like a soup that's not too oily. Save the oil in another container. That's good for stir fry too.

Now my dogs will have their chicken for the next couple of days, the strays outside my house will enjoy the carcass and I have the best chicken stock I can get without any msg or artificial flavourings added. 

Take a little time when you buy your next chicken to prepare it. You won't regret it, trust me! Enjoy everyone, take care and stay safe!




 








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CHAR SIU

ROTI BABI

MEE YOKE / PRAWN MEE