CHEESE MEE HOON

 CHEESE MEE HOON



There's this place in malacca that's famous for this dish. Whenever I'm there that's one of my go to places to eat. They have this pork chop rojak, which is a pork chop served in a rojak, and the cheese mee hoon, the tow things I must order when I'm there. However due to this covid shit I've not had that since the first lockdown, so I'm made it for dinner today. This is my version of it and this is how it's made....



Ingredients 

Prawns, cut into two, 

3 portions of mee hoon 

3 tablespoons of Chinese wine 

4 cloves of garlic, minced 

8 slices of cheddar cheese 

A quarter can of evaporated milk 

4 heaped tablespoons butter 

1 cup of water 

Spring onions 

Fried onions

Salt to taste 


Method 



Boil the mee hoon for about a minute or so and put it aside 




In a hot wok with some oil, fry the mee hoon till slightly charred, then put it in the serving bowl 




In a hot wok, put a little oil and cook the prawns with the Chinese rice wine. Don't worry if there are some flames, it's just the alcohol burning off. 




Once that's done, add the garlic and butter and saute till aromatic 



Add one cup of water, a quarter can of evaporated milk and the cheese and stir till the cheese dissolves 




When that's done, add the spring onions and pour all of it over the mee hoon, garnish with some fried onions and it's done!





Man! That was one fantastic dinner! Its 98% similar to the one in malacca, as I used sea prawns instead of fresh water prawns. This is one dinner I won't soon forget! Try it! Its good!

Enjoy, everyone, and stay safe!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHAR SIU

ROTI BABI

MEE YOKE / PRAWN MEE